последен час до сбогуване

-

Wednesday 20 April 2011

***

Dr. Thurman: Donnie, what did Roberta Sparrow say to you? 
Donnie Darko: She said that every living creature on Earth dies alone. 
Dr. Thurman: How did that make you feel? 
Donnie Darko: It reminded me of my dog, Callie. She died when I was eight, and she crawled underneath the porch. 
Dr. Thurman: To die? 
Donnie Darko: To be alone. 
Dr. Thurman: Do you feel alone right now? 
Donnie Darko: I don’t know. I mean I’d like to believe I’m not, but I just… I’ve just never seen any proof so I… just don’t debate it any more it’s like I could spend my whole life debating it over and over again, weighing the pros and cons, and in the end I still wouldn’t have any proof. So I just, I just don’t debate it any more. <laughs> It’s absurd. 
Dr. Thurman: The search for God is absurd? 
Donnie Darko: It is if everyone dies alone. 
Dr. Thurman: Does that scare you? 
Donnie Darko: I don’t wanna be alone.